moderated Re: Accessing files using Jaws and Googledrive

Jerry Berrier <jerry.berrier@...>

This really requires more than can be given in an e-mail, but here are a few things.

Once you have Drive open:

Jaws key-z to turn off the virtual cursor. It will turn back on every time you go to a different window, so you always need to remember to keep turning it off.

Once it is off.

gn puts you in navigation mode, and then you can use the arrow keys to find files and folders.

Gl puts you in files mode, so you can arrow up and down through the files in the current folder.

Enter on a file to open it.

This barely scratches the surface.  I recommend you find one of the many tutorials available for JAWS users online to learn the Google products.

Jerry Berrier

Director of Education Technology

Perkins School for the Blind
175 North Beacon Street
Watertown MA 02472
P: 617-972-7826
Perkins.org

Perkins School for the Blind Logo

Facebook Link IconTwitter Link IconInstagram Link IconLinkedIn Link IconPinterest Link Icon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Justin Mcdevitt
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accessing files using Jaws and Googledrive

Hello,

I received a file in Googledrives earlier today. Although I access the internet using Google, I have not worked with Google drives in terms of opening and reading files.

I would appreciate some direction in terms of keystroke commands and any additional information that would be helpful/valuable to know regarding navigation. .

Best, Justin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.