JAWS Not Reading AdobeDC PDF Documents #advisory

Mark Fisher

Hi,

I'm currently running JAWS 2019 latest edition and Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 and AdobeDC Version: 19.12.20034.328841

All PDF document that I try and open via AdobeDC either by double clicking the file from within a folder or as an e-mail attachment or from the File Open menu in AdobeDC are no longer read by JAWS. I've checked the Preferences which are laid out differently to what I can remember the last time I was in there in AdobeDC and it would appear everything is switched on correctly. when I look at the About item in Help, I can see that AdobeDC knows I'm running JAWS.

When the files open, they don't do the usual preparing for reading and no progress display is shown on the screen. The PDF files are not images and I can OCR them through convenient OCR.

What am I missing? Any hints gladly accepted before I try a full reinstall of AdobeDC.

Have a great day.

Mark