Re: Please help me learn how to paste scripts into JAWS 19 on Windows 10

Steve Matzura

Scripts go here:

%AppData%\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\xxx\Settings\lll

You can start by copying all the files belonging to the script(s) to the clipboard in the usual way, then open the Run dialog with Windows Key plus R, type appdata, and press ENTER. After that,just choose the cited directories as you go, and paste your script(s) in the language-specific directory. Close the windows when you're done with them.

where 'xxx' is the version of JAWS in which you want to use the scripts,and 'lll' is your local language designation, e.g., enu.

Been that way forever, regardless of Windows version.

On 5/24/2019 9:35 PM, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi,

I have downloaded and extracted some scripts for JAWS. I haven’t done this on Windows 10 before, and my memory from Windows 7 is either failing me or it is different in Windows 10 than it was in Windows 7.

How do I get to the place to paste the scripts? A step by step would be most appreciated.

Best, Keith