Re: Is there a user group for WordPress for blind people using screen readers like JAWS?

David & his pack of dogs

I should have been clearer.  Someone may be really qualified to do a job but if they don’t come across by the way they act or dress, it means nothing. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David & his pack of dogs via Groups.Io
Sent: May 24, 2019 6:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is there a user group for WordPress for blind people using screen readers like JAWS?

Spell checker comes in multiple languages. I did hire someone years ago to help with my website and we spent 80%of the time fixing the obvious grammatical and spelling mistakes. How you come across to the public means a lot. Would you hire someone to take out your garbage if they came wearing a suit?  Likewise, if you hired a limo to take you to a high society event and the driver came with apparel that looked like it had been slept in or dragged through the mud as well as the limo filthy, would you want to utilize that service? Sorry to be so picky and expecting quality service when the person is charging double or triple digits for their service.           

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: May 23, 2019 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: Is there a user group for WordPress for blind people using screen readers like JAWS?

If that person’s first language is not English then his language skills have nothing to do with his knowledge of Wordpress.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David & his pack of dogs
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 5:17 PM

There is a face book group for word press users and the moderator offers to help people with issues.  Keep in mind he does this for a price and, for me , personally when he responded to my request, his spelling and grammar was less then satisfactory.  Thus, I thought if he puts the same amount of effort into building a website using word press as he does writing correspondence, I am not sure his work would be up to par and worth the money he would charge.  . 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: May 23, 2019 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: Is there a user group for Wordpress for blind people using screen readers like JAWS?

There’s a group called blind webers it’s for yeah blind webpage creators. I don’t have to subscribe link I don’t belong to that group anymore. But you can look it up

Randy Barnett owner of soundtique

On May 23, 2019, at 3:15 PM, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:

Hi!

I would like to subscribe to a user group mailing list centered on blind users of Wordpress who use screen readers, like JAWS.  Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks,

Richard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.