Re: Turning on DVS on a video link

Don Walls

I usually just go to cbc.ca, then / and the name of whatever program I want.  When I did phone the CBC, I was told there’s a button to press to turn on DVS, but I couldn’t find it.  I only used my IPod Touch once, when away from home, and that’s when the DVS link appeared near the end of the video being played.

Don

From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2019 7:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Turning on DVS on a video link

Hi Don,

Could you provide a bit more information about where exactly you go? Are you on https://gem.cbc.ca

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:08 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Turning on DVS on a video link

I’m wondering if someone can help.  When I go to CBC TV’s website and press the link to the video of a TV program, I don’t know how to turn on descriptive video service.  Apparently there’s a button but I can’t find it on my PC connection.  Last week, while away from home, I listened to a CBC TV program using my IPod Touch.  Again, no discernible DVS link but as the program was finishing, lo and behold, a descriptive link was announced, I pressed it and got the last minute with DVS!

Any suggestions?

Don