Re: Turning on DVS on a video link

David & his pack of dogs

Try calling the Apple help desk at 1-877-204-3930

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: May 20, 2019 6:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Turning on DVS on a video link

Not being in Canada, I'm not sure, but do they have a customer service line you could call, or at least write?

On your iPod Touch, check under accessibility settings, and in the media section, make sure Audio description is on.

That could do it for you but you still may need their link to enable the service.

HTH,

Richard

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

“The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.  There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -- Alice Walker

On May 19, 2019, at 11:08 PM, Don Walls <donwalls@...> wrote:

I’m wondering if someone can help.  When I go to CBC TV’s website and press the link to the video of a TV program, I don’t know how to turn on descriptive video service.  Apparently there’s a button but I can’t find it on my PC connection.  Last week, while away from home, I listened to a CBC TV program using my IPod Touch.  Again, no discernible DVS link but as the program was finishing, lo and behold, a descriptive link was announced, I pressed it and got the last minute with DVS!

Any suggestions?

Don

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.