Re: Accessible DJ software for Windows

Steve Matzura

I'd reverse that. That way you won't get any Windows noises, and those sound devices are sometimes noisy and make weird sounds all on their own. The USB devices are generally much quieter, unless of course the computer that's powering and feeing them is noisy. I've heard some USB devices that make this annoying motorboat noise, some that have a whistle, etc., and it's always the computer that causes it. Try the device in a different machine, and it gets nice and quiet like it should be.

On 5/14/2019 11:20 AM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I have a USB sound card adapter that has a mic and headphone jack that I plan to run JAWS through while using the defalt sound jack for the music.  I do have a small analog Boss mixer that I could put in line with the computer and the amp and plug the mic into, but I was wondering if there was a way to avoid using the mixer.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:02 AM
Subject: Re: Accessible DJ software for Windows

Marty,

Sounds like you need a way to hear JAWS in a headset and have your music and mic going through the speakers for the party.  Do you have a USB audio mixer or perhaps, some other USB audio device like a mixer or wireless headset?  Then you could send JAWS through that device so only you would hear it and have your music playing through Winamp using the other audio device connected to your amp.

Brian

On 5/13/2019 2:02 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
Brian,  This is for a live event party.  I do have Winamp with scripts.  How would I mix a microphone with the output audio from Winamp?  I am trying to get around taking loads of equipment to this party, so I want to bacically use a laptop, a mic, an amp and speakers.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 1:18 AM

Are you talking about for hosting a live music event or  a broadcast automation software?  For the live event Winamp, which is free and has extensive JAWS scripting from Freedom Scientific, should work well.

For broadcast or webcast Station Playlist Studio.  This program works well with JAWS but there are scripts from Brian Hartgen which add some additional functionality and efficiency.

http://www.hartgen.org/studio.html

Brian
On 5/12/2019 7:28 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
Can anyone recommend an accessible DJ program for Windows that works with JAWS and is free or low cost?
Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13