From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Update On Distorted Jaws Speech Problem

Hi Tom. I am glad that you have resolved this issue, at least for now anyway. Windows 10 releases updates all the time, so you may want to keep the drivers handy just in case. I have never noticed USB headset sounds being impacted by Windows 10 updates, although, maybe I have been lucky. I'm hopeful that you get more than just a few days of relief rom this issue.

On 5/14/19, Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@gmail.com> wrote:
I’m sorry you’re had so much trouble with that. I guess I’m just lucky
and haven’t had to deal with that. But of course you’re not bugging
anybody that’s what we’re here for. As far as it being a known issue
that’s a pretty big issue for screen reader users.

Randy Barnett owner of soundtique

On May 13, 2019, at 1:07 PM, Tom Behler <tombehler@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, again, everyone.

After several tries and about an hour on the phone with Microsoft
Accessibility, we finally got a new realtech driver installed that
pretty much solved my Jaws speech distortion problem again.

Things are not perfect, and still a bit quirky when it comes to
plugging in my headphones, but at least I’m basically back in business again.

I want to thank everyone on the list for tolerating my various e-mails
on the topic.

If anyone has some thoughts on what we might be able to do to
effectively highlight what clearly seems to be a problem relating to
Microsoft sound card driver updates, please let us know. I’m told
that this is a known Windows 10 issue.

Tom Behler