#jaws #excel #novice #tables #spelling #group emails #jaws #excel #novice #tables #spelling

clarethompson2000@...

Hi All,

I am trying to help out a friend who has just started using JAWS 2019 on a laptop with laptop keyboard layout and with Office 2016, and I have a few questions they have asked which I couldn't find the answer to.  I hope you do not mind me posting here.
  1. Can you get the non editable text on dialog boxes to be spelled out as well as read?
  2. Can you get JAWS to tell you what colour a shaded cell is in Excel ?
  3. We cannot get an email group to read out the individual contacts within Outlook when created.  If the group is opened and you arrow down through each contact JAWS is silent.  I.e. a group called "work" with four individual members of the group.
  4. Is there an easy way of reading tables within Word?

Thank you in advance.
Clare