From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Covici
Sent: Thursday, 9 May 2019 7:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Sage 50

quickbooks.

On Wed, 08 May 2019 17:23:57 -0400,
Ann Byrne wrote:

Scripts for Sage or for Quick books???
At 10:32 AM 5/8/2019, you wrote:
The desktop app should do what you want, at least the transaction
entry is accessible, provided you get the scripts from
myblindspot.org .

On Wed, 08 May 2019 11:10:10 -0400,
Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
[2 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>] Absolutely, I had a
lengthy Skype call with Ted a while ago
about Quickbooks Online where he directed me to a demo site to get a
feel for it, but while they are working hard to make Quickbooks
Online more and more accessible I can still
do my entries in Sage 50 10 times as fast. I really would
like to switch, but I own a retail business and after my bookkeeper
who came usually twice a week for 4 or 5 hours retired quite a few
years ago now I decided I would do this
myself and I am dealing with a pretty high volume of
transactions. What I do is quite limited since I don$B!G(Bt use my
accounting software for customers and to keep track of individual
sales and inventory, my point of sale system does that,
but I still have to enter a lot of supplier invoices and
process payments either by printing cheques or recording credit card
or email money transfer payments and two or three times a week I
enter the sales into the accounting system
using a so-called zReport which my point of sale system
[prpoduces and which gives me a summary of sales, returns, layaway
and on account payments, the amounts of what was received by Visa,
Mastercard, Debit Card, American Express, Cash,
Cheque, gift certificates and all that. In any case, Ted
suggested I could use the iOS app which is very accessible, but in
some cases there is a bit of typing involved when I enter the
ddetails of invoices for products we receive and we
all know how efficient typing on an iOS device is compared to
typing on a PC with a keyboard. All in all for me Sage 50 currently
still is the better and more efficient solution although I have few
doubts I will switch to Quickbooks at
some point in the next year or two.

Regards,

Sieghard