Re: Distorted Jaws Speech After Dell Update

Try this:

1. Press Windows Key and start typing "Control" until you hear "Control Panel" and press enter
2. Go to "Sounds" and press enter
3. You should be on the Playback tab, select your default sound device and tab to "Properties" and press enter
4. Press Shift + Tab once, you should be on the "General" tab.
5. Check the other tabs, here is what I have:
General Tab Levels Tab Enhancements Tab Advanced Tab Spatial sound Tab
Under the Enhancements Tab I have this (I just kept pressing tab to cycle through all options):
Immediate mode check box checked
List view
Environment not checked 1 of 6
Voice Cancellation not checked
Pitch Shift not checked
Equalizer not checked
Virtual Surround not checked
Sound Effect Properties Setting : Combo box
None 1 of 24

This may look a bit different for you, but just go through it and remember the settings, then turn some checkboxes off if they are checked and see if it helps.

Regards,
Sieghard