From: Chris Smart
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 8:04 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Vinyl-Cassette conversion

Hi there.
You want to connect from the source such as a tape deck into the
line in jack on your computer, definitely not the microphone jack
because you will likely overload it with a line level signal from
stereo equipment like that.

If the turntable has a USB jack, by all means use that. If not, it
needs to first go through a receiver or preamp, something
containing a phono stage, whatever you use when you listen to your
records. That boosts the signal enough that it can then get sent
along to your computer.

We're straying off the topic of Jaws though.

Chris
http://www.ctsmastering.com

http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt