Re: ElBraille

Tyler Wood

Hi,

A clarification. The Elbraille 14 is also solid state. They both, to my knowledge, come with the same amount of storage e.g. 32 gb ssd paired with 160 gb secondary ssd.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: May 3, 2019 3:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: ElBraille

I did heard something like this from Ellita Groups that they are updating the unit to more storage capacity. I never knew that 40 cell unit is solid state drive. that's much faster than the Hard disk drive.

Thanks for that report.

Best regards

Michael Munn

 National Federation of the Blind of   Virginia   www.nfbv.org

Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind of  Maryland www.nfbmd.org

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 3:28 PM Bill Tessore <billtessore@...> wrote:

Hi gang, I don’t have an ElBraille of my own, but I have been keeping an eye on it for the last couple of years. I’d like to mention a couple things that I think have not been mentioned so far. First, the 40 cell version is a solid-state unit. That is, unlike it’s smaller cousin, The 40 cell device cannot be broken down into two units. Second, the 40 cell unit offers greater storage and processor capacity. Finally, I am told the upcoming updated ElBraille Will have even greater processor capacity, and include The fifth generation focus 40 braille display. I hope this information is useful.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore

On May 3, 2019, at 10:14 AM, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hi,

I don’t find mine runs hot at all, so it must have been doing something CPU intensive.

Any computer of this size is going to get at least a little warm, but not boiling by any means, even when the processor usage is maxed out completely.