Re: ElBraille

Randy Meyer

I own an ElBraille 14.  I agree with everything that Tyler said.

I love that it runs MS Office.  I have not experienced any weird disk problems where I lost files.  I have had many lost files issues with all of my previous note takers over the last 20+ years.

It does run a little slow and I would not recommend having too many programs open at once.  I wish it had more than 2 gb of ram.  The storage is on the ssd drive is only 20, which is too small.  Elita and Freedom did have to help switch where outlook was storing emails to the data drive.  Once you install Jaws and MS Office the 20 gb drive is pretty full.  I wasn’t able to perform windows 10 updates because of lack of drive space, until they help relocate emails to the data drive.

Using the ElBraille did force me to learn the Braille key commands to work with Jaws.  Occasionally, there is some weird inconsistencies with Braille translation.  Some have been fixed and others are pending, but this is easily worked around.

I have ordered a very small laptop with a small 6 inch screen, which I am going to try using in place of my ElBraille for speed and storage reasons.  I ordered the small laptop through an IndiGogo campaign.  I would trade shorter battery life for more speed and storage.

All the above said, I am very happy I purchased the ElBraille, and I hope the product continues to be updated.

Randy Meyer