Re: email addresses using Outlook 2016

Rick Mladek

Hi,

I just noticed that when I begin to type in an email address, Outlook 2010, it does not automaticly store and yes, this is checked in settings to do so. Another big frustrating point is the total inability to get spellchecker in Outlook, to work. All freezes up until I either hit escape or alt tab back to the email being proofed. This is by hitting  F7.

Suggestions or fixes highly appreciated,

Rick

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cristóbal  
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: email addresses using Outlook 2016

My understanding is that for some stand alone license users, this problem is no longer an issue either.

Vispero said they’d get back to me today with a possible fix and that they’d also maybe follow up via phone.

We’ll see.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 6:58 PM

I use Office 365 and it’s not an issue on any of my machines.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 3:20 PM

Just updated. And … That damn email address announcement bug is still there.

Good God. Off to let Vispero know. Again.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 11:17 AM

Hi Sieghard,

I haven’t had time to run the install on the latest update, but hopefully can get around to doing it tonight.

This particular email address issue is present on both my Windows 10 machines. Running a stand-alone Office 2016 license on both computers.

Hopefully, after I update and reboot, this will all be moot.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 8:54 PM

Hi Christobal,

Granted I am on a Jaws Beta built, but the auto-suggest feature has worked for me now consistently for many month and while you may not have the official April update (or May update since we are almost in May), this definitely worked for the March update and the February update. Here is an example, I start a new email and type the letter “j”:

JAWS Private Beta Group. JAWSBETA@.... (Recent People).
1 of 5
Jonathan Mosen. jmosen@.... (Recent People).
2 of 5
Johnna Simmons. johnnascat@.... (Other Suggestions).
3 of 5
James Robinson. jardatalearningcenter@.... (Other Suggestions).
4 of 5
Jenifer Barr. claudastar@.... (Other Suggestions).
5 of 5

As soon as I typed the “J” it read me out the address for the Jaws list, then I simply arrowed down through the other suggestions.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 1:00 PM

This is a known bug that is still frustratingly present for some of us Jaws 2019 and Office 2016 users.

Every time a new JFW update comes out, I report it and it’s acknowledged and am told that Vispero’s working on a fix. I think the last message I got that hopefully it would finally be addressed with the next Jaws update was back in March of this year. Who knows.

Anyway, one partial workaround is to execute the alt+K command after typing out a few letters of an email address. You’ll then be taken to a list of emails where you can choose from. This won’t work if you don’t have that particular email saved in your address book though.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 12:51 PM

Hi,

I use JAWS 2019 and MS 2016 and still get the suggestions when I type the first letter.  Sounds like a setting has changed in your Outlook.  At times my settings have changed  due to updates.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 3:27 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: email addresses using Outlook 2016

I’m using Outlook 2016 and Jaws 2019. When I was using Jaws 2018 I would create an email. I would be on the to line, type in a character and would get a list of email addresses that begin with that character. Now using jaws 2019 the list doesn’t exist. Is the list in a Jaws file? Thanks, Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.