Re: copy JFW settings

David Moore

Hi, here is what you need to do, to get your jaws settings to your second computer. Step number one, go to the utilities menu in Jaws. Press enter on that, in go to export settings. You need to export these settings as a vial that will be stored on your default storage folder. Now, find that file that just got exported to your computer, and copy it, and paste it in Dropbox, other cloud service, or a external drive. Now, go to your second computer, go to the utilities menu of Jaws, and select import settings. Now, make sure you know where your file is in the cloud or you will have to hook up your external drive to that second computer. when you press enter on import settings a dialog will open and you can find the file of settings that you exported. press enter on open, and your settings will be imported into Jaws on your second computer. I hope that makes sense.
David Moore

On Thu, May 2, 2019, 4:20 PM Mark McCracken <markmccracken@... wrote:

Hi Listers,

I want to copy all of my JFW settings from an old computer to a new computer.  JFW is already installed and authorized on both computers. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yours,

Mark

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.