Re: more Jaws problems from my list...

Chris Hill

Yes.  You can get used to a different synthesizer, if it fixes your problem . The vocalizer Tom voice is quite responsive on my 5-year-old core i5 system.

On 5/2/2019 08:23, Rick Mladek wrote:
Move to the modern age? Ditch the Triple talk?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2019 9:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: more Jaws problems from my list...

Modern systems aren't going to be strained by a speech synthesizer, most
cpu's are idling a lot of the time anyway.  I suspect the issue is that some
webpages are putting out text strings that look similar to tripple talk
commands.  Might be time to move to the more modern age.

On 5/2/2019 07:44, Rick Mladek wrote:
I am shy of software synthesizers as offered with Jaws. The triple
talk, being a peripheral, so to speak, is less strain on the system in
regards to resources. This is a triple talk issue and both sides blame the
other...