Re: JAWS Update, J2019.1904.60 Download Link + What's New

Randy Barnett

Yes, all my machines have ssd's also. I don't think people realize how much resources  jaws really needs to run smooth and fast.

On 4/30/2019 10:01 PM, Mike B wrote:
> Hi Randy, > > We haven't ran anything less than 16 GB of RAM on either of our > Windows 10 computers but, our Win 10's also use SSD's and never have > any problems. On our Windows 7 computers the lowest installed RAM is > 8 GB on my wife's laptop but, 16 GB on my desktops. Like I said > earlier, when the rare person states all their computer credentials, > so to speak, it seems the Windows 10 computers running less than 8 GB > of RAM have the most problems. I'm not saying this is fact, only > something I've noticed. > > Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers! I don't know > the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please > everybody. ----- Original Message ----- *From:* Randy Barnett > <mailto:blindmansbluff09@...> *To:* main@jfw.groups.io > <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:44 PM > *Subject:* Re: JAWS Update, J2019.1904.60 Download Link + What's New > > I Have run 16GB of RAM in all my systems for years now. It doesnt > matter how many things I have going at once. Jaws doesnt crash or > hang very often. But I dont use Outlook , MS Mail, Calender or People > either. On 4/30/2019 9:02 PM, Mike B wrote: >> Hi Sieghard, >> >> I'm beginning to wonder if installed RAM might be an issue in many >> of these crash problems with Windows 10. It seems like that many >> times when this happens , and from the complaints filed reporting >> their total GB of installed RAM, the lower amount of total RAM >> installed, the more frequently the crashes. Just an observation. >> Yours and anyone elses thoughts? >> >> Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers! I don't >> know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please >> everybody. ----- Original Message ----- *From:* Sieghard Weitzel >> <mailto:sieghard@...> *To:* main@jfw.groups.io >> <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> *Sent:* Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:02 >> PM *Subject:* Re: JAWS Update, J2019.1904.60 Download Link + What's >> New >> >> I use Outlook and Excel all the time, often have several Google >> Chrome tabs/windows open plus usually Sage 50 accounting and my >> point of sale software and I often go weeks without a Jaws crash. I >> am not saying I have some issues with Windows 10, I do and they are >> mostly related to the fact that I can’t read some stuff with the >> Jaws cursor which I used to be able to read under Windows 7, but >> strictly from a stability perspective Windows 10 is amazing and >> while my 2014 version of Sage 50 does sometimes go down the drain, >> Jaws, Excel and Outlook crashes are extremely rare. >> >> I guess everybody’s system is different, I do have a high-end >> laptop at home, but at work all 4 PC’s we use there are mini PC’s, >> two of them Intel NUC with an I3 and an I5 processor, the other two >> are HP EliteDesk 800 mini PC’s, one has an I5 and one has an I7 >> processor. All of them except for the I3 system run very well, the >> I3 system which has 12 Gb of RAM is a bit sluggish even though it >> does have an Intel SSD, I certainly would never buy an I3 again.. >> >> Regards, >> >> Sieghard >> >> *From:*main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of >> *shankar.c@... *Sent:* Tuesday, April 30, 2019 >> 5:33 PM *To:* main@jfw.groups.io *Subject:* Re: JAWS Update, >> J2019.1904.60 Download Link + What's New >> >> Yes, most of the time, while browsing the folders to attach the >> file on the outlook, the jaws does not respond quickly. >> >> *From:*main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Dan >> Longmore *Sent:* Wednesday, May 1, 2019 3:18 AM *To:* >> main@jfw.groups.io *Subject:* Re: JAWS Update, J2019.1904.60 >> Download Link + What's New >> >> Yes, I use Office 365. JAWS seems to get fussy most often when I >> switch between apps or require a sudden response such as when a new >> e-mail or web page opens. >> >> Dan >> >> *From:*main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> >> <main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of >> *Randy Barnett *Sent:* Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:29 PM *To:* >> main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> *Subject:* Re: JAWS >> Update, J2019.1904.60 Download Link + What's New >> >> I dont seem to have very many issues with that in windows 7 or 10. >> It may depend on the apps you run. Do you use MS office alot? >> Outlook, MS mail or Access? On 4/30/2019 11:19 AM, Dan Longmore >> wrote: >> >> Yes and now if they could just make the program more stable and >> less crash prone. >> >> Dan >> >> *From:*main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> >> <main@jfw.groups.io> <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of >> *Randy Barnett *Sent:* Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:16 PM *To:* >> main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> *Subject:* Re: JAWS >> Update, J2019.1904.60 Download Link + What's New >> >> Some really useful additions this time 'round. On 4/30/2019 10:17 >> AM, Mike B wrote: >> >> Hi All, >> >> Below is the direct download link for todays release of build >> J2019.1904.60 and what's new in this release. >> >> 32 & 64 bit: >> >> http://jaws2019.vfo.digital/2019.1904.60.400/ED111FD1-9781-4C10-8901-711295AE5C8F/J2019.1904.60-any.exe >> >> >> >> Enhancements in JAWS 2019.1904.60 (April 2019)

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.