Re: in JAWS cursor, what do these keystrokes do?

JM Casey

Not totally sure, but I think the key is in exactly what it says – this moves the mouse pointer, but doesn’t give feedback. I suppose this might be useful if you want to move the mouse pointer in small increments when JAWS is just saying “blank, blank, blank”, but it’s anyone’s guess how much the mouse pointer is actually working. I guess one just has to experiment with it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: April 29, 2019 4:15 PM
To: JFW list (main@jfw.groups.io) <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: in JAWS cursor, what do these keystrokes do?

Hi,

I was going through a big document of JAWS commands and help tips I’ve created during my transition to JAWS.  IN a list of laptop keyboard commands for using the various cursors, I found the following.  I cannot figure out the difference between these and just using the arrow keys without the mentioned shift and alt keys.  In fact, just using the arrows produces what I would expect, while these commands below seem to give either less info or less reliable info.  Any experienced JAWS cursor users know if there is a distinction?

Mouse Down ALT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active)

Mouse Left ALT+SHIFT+LEFT ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active)

‘Mouse Right ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active)

Mouse Up ALT+SHIFT+UP ARROW (when the JAWS Cursor is active)

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com 

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.