Re: Minitool Partition Wizard: Can it be Made Accessible?

Annabelle Susan Morison

What I'm actually trying to do is make an external hard drive of 3.63 TB with a GPT disk Partition work on my older machines so I can back up the information from my older machine onto the new hard drive. From what I understand, and I could be wrong, but in order to make a hard drive work on both new and old machines, it has to have a status of MBR, since GPT only seems to work on new machines with Windows 7 and above.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Minitool Partition Wizard: Can it be Made Accessible?

Annabelle,

           Can you please describe what, exactly, it is that you're trying to accomplish in this case?   That can be very helpful in formulating an approach.

           There are all sorts of differences in what needs to happen depending on if you're extending an existing partition into unallocated space that's one thing, if you need to rearrange partitions in order to shrink or expand it gets (or can get) a lot more complicated.

           ~ Bertrand Russell