From: G. Gray
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:32 PM
Subject: Re: Trouble With Right Alt+Arrow Keys

I will weigh in on this, not trying to argue, but I had a windows XP computer I bought in 2004.  I used it until December 20, 2018 when it gave up the ghost   14 1/2 years with absolutely NO problems!    I used Viper and Firefox to access the web.  I used it for 14 years through Vista (which was terrible, windows 8, windows 8.1 and then Windows 7 with absolutely no problems even with no security updates.  I like Windows 7 and hope to use it a long time as well.  Windows 10 seems to have a lot of issues which of yet are not resolved....just my 2 cents.

George

Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:21 AM

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 10:42 AM, John Covici wrote:
Problem is, after support ends you get no security updates, so you will be vulnerable to being hacked.
Indeed, and I was not trying to imply you wouldn't, nor that continuing to use Windows 7 is a good idea.

I have, however, witnessed an awful lot of clinging to dead OSes, and some people are going to do it regardless of how bad an idea it is to do so.  But those programs that currently run under Win7 in their current versions will keep doing so for a very, very long time.

It still only makes sense, if one is sticking with a given OS ecosystem, to keep up-to-date with the latest version of that OS as a daily driver.

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

           ~ Bertrand Russell