Re: Trouble With Right Alt+Arrow Keys

Randy Barnett

All the hype over security assumes someone wants to hack your system. Most of us don't have anything worth the trouble. In over 25yrs of surfing the net I have never been hacked or know anyone that has. Sure the kids got a virus or two over the years but nothing that really hurt anything and was removed without issue. I run a win 7 machine at the shop and it is not unstable at all. It is just as fast as win10 and doesn't break accessibility on a regular basis. So don't let them brow beat you into spending money you don't have on something you don't really need! I do use a win 10 machine at home and it is fine. Other than re-learning where they hide things on a regular basis it is not all that different than 7. Most of the built in things that aren't very accessible I use 3rd party programs for anyway.
Jaws is not going to stop working on win7 anytime soon either.

On 4/23/2019 9:48 AM, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:
I'm not willing to change my colors for anyone.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:47 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Trouble With Right Alt+Arrow Keys

I agree with Brian, Windows 7 is a thing of the past and you really should make the jump to Windows 10 whenever it is that you get a new computer. Besides the fact that Windows 7 will have no more support in less than a year, Windows 10 at least by now is so superior to Windows 7 in almost any way, crashes which I had on a very regular bases with Windows 7 are probably reduced by 95% in Windows 10, it’s Stabil and fast and as Brian also said, all screenreader support and development is for Windows 10. You may like things others don’t have, but really, a floppy drive, I mean why on earth would you want a floppy drive? If you have old floppies put what’s on them on a USB stick or an external drive or a DVD, but I’m really curious what the point of one is?

Also, you would be much better off with a 500 Gb or so SSD as your main system drive, then add a good quality hard drive with a larger capacity if you need lots of storage, the system performance will be double or better overall and if you want a fast system you really do need an SSD or your hard drive becomes the proverbial bottle neck in your nice new machine.

Regards,

Sieghard