Re: Trouble With Right Alt+Arrow Keys

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 01:00 PM, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".
Which, when it comes to security issues, which is one of the primary reasons for updates, is virtually never true.

Also, if one chooses to hang on to ancient versions of any software, and JAWS 15 is now ancient, one has to expect compatibility issues to creep in if one does keep one's system(s) up-to-date.

As a support tech of many years I have to say that your friend's advice is about the worst advice anyone can be given.  I have seen said advice end in many tears, and smoldering heaps of systems that I then have to resurrect from the dead or start over from scratch.  Great for me in terms of making money, horrible for the end user who did not keep their system(s) updated.

           ~ Bertrand Russell