Re: Trouble With Right Alt+Arrow Keys

Randy Barnett

On 4/22/2019 12:52 PM, Bill White wrote:

ALT GR is for entering characters for other languages.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 12:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Trouble With Right Alt+Arrow Keys

It didn't come with any software. Just the keyboard. However, I talked to Troy at Unicomp a few minutes ago, and he did tell me about Alt GR, which I'm still a bit confused about. What's Alt GR?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 11:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Trouble With Right Alt+Arrow Keys

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 02:39 PM, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:

UNI044A

Still the same layout as the Ultra Classic with regard to the keys under discussion.  This one is a real throwback design wise (and that's not a criticism).  Really tall keys, nice rake, an actual 6-pack above the arrow keys - quite nice.

It is still very odd that they did not use reflected symmetry for the repeated keys that surround the space bar, but so long as you know where they are, these should work as they do on any other keyboard.   That is, unless they have a custom keyboard driver associated with this model, in which case you'd have to make certain that's been installed.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  
The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.