Re: Trouble With Right Alt+Arrow Keys

Randy Barnett

Have you looked at the keyboard manager in Jaws? Maybe you could assign the right alt to the left alt also.

On 4/22/2019 4:16 AM, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:
Hi, it's Annabelle.
When I press Right Alt along with any of the Arrow keys on my keyboard, JAWS seems to say, "Not In a Table". For example, I press Right Alt+Left Arrow to move back a page in programs like Firefox or Microsoft Outlook 2003, and it says "Not In a Table". I press Right Alt+Right Arrow to move forward a page, it says "Not in a table". In Microsoft Word 2003, when I press Right Alt+Up/Down Arrow keys to read sentence-by-sentence, it says "Not In a Table". However, when I press Left Alt+arrow keys, JAWS does what it's supposed to do. How do I make it so JAWS recognizes I'm trying to perform the aforementioned commands, no matter which Alt key I press with the Arrow keys? I mean, aren't the Left and Right Alt keys essentially the same? I'm confused on that one!