Re: JAWS Becomes Sluggish When Writing Emails in Outlook

Randy Barnett

Let me know how this works as by doing so you are telling the system to not use the hardware GPU processors in your video card thus transferring the processing load to your CPU... Seems counter intuitive.
Well, after a google search it seems this works for lots of people using outlook, even without any AT programs. Seems like an Outlook bug.
Still interested to hear how it works for you.
Thunderbird is always an alternative to Outlook. I dont have any of the issues I am reading about all the time on the lists.

On 4/21/2019 9:52 AM, Bill White wrote:
 Hi, Rahul.
1. Open Outlook Options.
2. Arrow down to Mail.
3. Press ENTER on the Editor Options button.
4. Once you press Editor options, there are three categories: Display, Proofing and Advanced. Arrow down to Advanced.
5. SHIFT plus TAB two times past the OK button, and make sure Disable Graphics Accelleration is checked.
6. TAB to the OK button, and press ENTER.
7. That's it. Now close Outlook options, and Graphics Accelleration is disabled.

Bill White

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com