Re: JAWS Becomes Sluggish When Writing Emails in Outlook

Randy Barnett

Sounds like you are getting a heavy CPU load. If it is outlook or some other program is the question. press start then type msconcfg.exe now go to the services tab now tab until you hear hide all Microsoft services and check the box. now shift tab to the list of services and see what all is running. If you don't recognize it google it and see if you need it. If you see things like iTunes adobe google or things like that try unchecking themĀ  then click OK. Next open task manager with the ctrl + shift + esc keys. ctrl + tab to the startup tab. now do the same thing as you did in services. Now after you disable all the junk that really doesn't need to load every time you start your computer itĀ  should run much faster. Dont worry if anything you do stops a program from working you can just re-enable it the same way.
If you cant find the startup tab you may have to click the more details button to make it show up.

On 4/20/2019 2:55 PM, Rahul Bajaj wrote:
Hi all,

I use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, Outlook 16. JAWS behaves very sluggishly
in Outlook when crafting messages. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
Outlook, and that has not fixed the issue. I currently write my emails
in Notepad and then copy-paste them which is inconvenient.

Can anyone think of other workarounds? I know that this problem does
not come up for most, but I would nonetheless like to know what you
would do in case you were facing this issue. Thank you so much.

Best,
Rahul