Re: JAWS Becomes Sluggish When Writing Emails in Outlook

Rahul Bajaj

Dan, I think plain text, but I am not sure. Could that make a difference?
Also, my laptop emits some air from the vents on the side - more than usual - when it becomes sluggish like this.

On Apr 21, 2019, at 12:06 AM, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
This is a tough one. Are you using plain text or HTML to respond? I cannot think of any Outlook options that may cause this behavior when typing. Could it be a JAWS setting? Sorry, not much help I know.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2019 5:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS Becomes Sluggish When Writing Emails in Outlook

Hi all,

I use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, Outlook 16. JAWS behaves very sluggishly in Outlook when crafting messages. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook, and that has not fixed the issue. I currently write my emails in Notepad and then copy-paste them which is inconvenient.

Can anyone think of other workarounds? I know that this problem does not come up for most, but I would nonetheless like to know what you would do in case you were facing this issue. Thank you so much.

Best,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Candidate for the BCL