Re: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

ratshtron

I haven't had anything like that happen here either and I have two of those 10 dollar usb sound adapters that work great for jaws to use and I have all other sounds coming from the system sound device on the motherboard.

Legend has it that on Saturday 4/20/2019 12:24 AM, Sieghard Weitzel said:
----------------------------------------
Hi Bill,

I have switched to other sound cards numerous times in Windows and it nsever cause anything like what you described. My guess is that it was one of these weird things which sometimes happen but that does not mean they will happen again.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 6:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

Yes, you can. Be advised, however, that while setting another sound card as my default, I have lost my sound drivers, as well as the registry entries associated with my built-in sound card several times, and have needed sighted help to restore both the registry entries and the drivers. So:

1. Back up the registry before changing the default sound card.
2. Keep copies of your sound drivers.

Bill White

<mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 6:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

I am about to install JAWS on an Aser laptop with Windows 10 and I want to be able to run a media program like Winamp and not have JAWS speak through the same speakers. Can I add an external USB sound card that I can plug speakers into for the music media and have JAWS speak through headphones plugged into the laptop's built in jack? I currently have a Windows 7 desktop with a Sound Blaster card that I play music through while JAWS speaks through the mother board sound jack.
----------------------------------------

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.