Re: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

Randy Barnett

Just removing the #advisery

On 4/19/2019 7:45 PM, netbat66 wrote:

why not do it the other way around.

you can get a u s b sound adapter. this is not a true sound card.its about the size of a flash drive that plugs into the front u s b port. they usually have a input jack for both a microphone and uses any set of headsets.

they cost about $10 on amazon or ebay.

you can continue to use your pc speakers for music and the headset for speech.

If it works don't fix it
On 4/19/2019 6:52 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
Sieghard,  That is exactly how I am using my desktop machine.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good USB external sound “card”?

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

The short answer is Yes, in fact, you have much more control over sound output in Windows 10 than in Windows 7, but it would most likely be easiest to make the USB device your default and then go to Jaws Settings > Utilities > Soundcard and tell Jaws to play on the built-in speakers.