Re: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

Marty Hutchings

That just showed up there.  I wondered what it was.

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

Did you put the #advisory in the subject line? I think this hash tag is for issueing alerts concerning problems. Just a heads up if you didnt know.
On 4/19/2019 6:55 PM, Randy Barnett via Groups.Io wrote:
M-Audio and  Bheringer. But there are dozens out there.
On 4/19/2019 6:52 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
Sieghard,  That is exactly how I am using my desktop machine.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good USB external sound “card”?

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

The short answer is Yes, in fact, you have much more control over sound output in Windows 10 than in Windows 7, but it would most likely be easiest to make the USB device your default and then go to Jaws Settings > Utilities > Soundcard and tell Jaws to play on the built-in speakers.

From: main@jfw.groups.io mailto:main@jfw.groups.io On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 6:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

I am about to install JAWS on an Aser laptop with Windows 10 and I want to be able to run a media program like Winamp and not have JAWS speak through the same speakers.  Can I add an external USB sound card that I can plug speakers into for the music media and have JAWS speak through headphones plugged into the laptop's built in jack?  I currently have a Windows 7 desktop with a Sound Blaster card that I play music through while JAWS speaks through the mother board sound jack.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.