Re: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

The short answer is Yes, in fact, you have much more control over sound output in Windows 10 than in Windows 7, but it would most likely be easiest to make the USB device your default and then go to Jaws Settings > Utilities > Soundcard and tell Jaws to play on the built-in speakers.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 6:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS WITH AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD #advisory

I am about to install JAWS on an Aser laptop with Windows 10 and I want to be able to run a media program like Winamp and not have JAWS speak through the same speakers.  Can I add an external USB sound card that I can plug speakers into for the music media and have JAWS speak through headphones plugged into the laptop's built in jack?  I currently have a Windows 7 desktop with a Sound Blaster card that I play music through while JAWS speaks through the mother board sound jack.