Re: Jaws 2018 and 2019 do no longer read accessible pdf files

Mike B

Hi,

Try the following:
From: Sieghard Weitzel
If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader do the following:
 1. Go to Edit > Preferences, the keyboard shortcut is Control + K

2. In the categories list arrow down to Security (Enhanced) or you can also press “S” 3 times to get there

3. Tab once and you hear “Enable Protected Mode at startup”, if it says this is checked press the spacebar to uncheck it. You will get the following message/prompt:

Adobe Acrobat Reader dialog
Disabling Protected Mode also disables Protected View and AppContainer.

For changes to take effect, you need to manually restart the application. Are you sure you want to continue?

4. Tab to Yes and activate it, then press Shift + Tab 3 times to get to the OK button and activate it.

5. Now close Acrobat Reader and reopen your document.
Regards,
Sieghard

Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:34 PM
Subject: Jaws 2018 and 2019 do no longer read accessible pdf files

Hi there,

I've just noticed that Jaws 2018 and 2019 do no longer read pdf file
though i know that are made accessible. NVDA does it well. But i cannot
figure out whether this popped up after an Adobe Reader update or Jaws
update. I suspect this is firts hypothesis because it used to work with
Jaws 2018.

Do you have any information from Jaws developpers about this issue? Are
they aware about this? Do you face with it as well?

Thank you

--
Didactiweb
Tanguy Lohéac