Re: Jaws 2018 and 2019 do no longer read accessible pdf files

Chris Hill

Yes, somebody’s update changed adobe security settings and broke jaws access. To fix this, go into adobe, edit/preferences, go to the security (enhanced) section, uncheck hte first checkbox, and maybe the second as well.

On Apr 18, 2019, at 19:34, Tanguy LOHEAC <tanguy.loheac@didactiweb.fr> wrote:

Hi there,

I've just noticed that Jaws 2018 and 2019 do no longer read pdf file though i know that are made accessible. NVDA does it well. But i cannot figure out whether this popped up after an Adobe Reader update or Jaws update. I suspect this is firts hypothesis because it used to work with Jaws 2018.

Do you have any information from Jaws developpers about this issue? Are they aware about this? Do you face with it as well?

Thank you

--
Didactiweb
Tanguy Lohéac