Re: JAWS Freezes When Hyperlinking in Word

Van Lant, Robin

I have not noticed this behavior. I'm at work right now running office 2016 and I can test this at home on Office 2010 tonight. Control K works as I would expect in Office 2016 when I just did the Control K with both JAWS 2019 and JAWS 2018. In my test, I wrote some text, highlighted it, then hit Control K to open the hyperlink dialog. Try using the context menu and arrow up to "link" to see if that method works without the freezing.

Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS Freezes When Hyperlinking in Word

Hi,

I use JAWS 2018. I have Word 10 as well as 16. JAWS simply freezes
whenever I press control+k and start hyperlinking. In word 16, it
still manages to remain afloat and you can turn it back on, but in
2010, it simply stops working completely.

NVDA does slightly better, but it freezes a bit as well. Any ideas?

Best,
RahulJ

--
--
Rahul Bajaj
Candidate for the BCL
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.