Re: zipping files

JM Casey

Windows 10 can natively work with zip files; you don’t really need any extra programmes, though some can give you more versatile options and so you still might want one.

I have a lot of archive related options in my context menus, but it seems that most of them come from winrar, which I have installed. Looking at a Microsoft page now, it seems that the best way to natively zip something is to use the “send to” submenu and select “compressed zip folder”. Maybe look around in your context menu and see what options you have. Since you have Winzip installed, you might have something there that will suit your needs.

I believe someone also suggested 7zip; pretty sure that’s still around and used more widely than Winzip nowadays, so you could probably install and use that.

Again though, Windows 10 has basic zip/archiving features built in.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: April 16, 2019 1:54 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: zipping files

I tried to use winzip to zip some files. I use to be able to use winzip with windows 7 and for some reason it is no longer working. I’m using Windows 10 and Jaws 2018. Is there something I need to setup on Jaws or is there another zip program that works with Jaws?  Thanks, Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.