From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 12:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 2019 not giving background color in Excel 2016 or 2019

Hi Russell,

You could put, no shading, into the Jaws dictionary and set it so nothing is said or assign a sound to it.

Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 9:09 AM

Hi,

Thanks for confirming that I’m not the only one having this issue. I found a bit of a workaround. There is a setting in Excel, under Quick Settings (Insert + V) called “Shading changes indication”, and when I turn this on, Jaws will announce any color shading changes when moving into a cell. I would still prefer the usual keystrokes to give me that info, but till Vispero sees fit to fix this issue, I’ll continue with the Shading changes indication. The only thing I don’t like about this setting is that every time I go to a cell with no shading, I must hear Jaws say “no shading”. Not a big deal, just a little annoying! 😊

Thanks again.

Russell