Re: Strange Outlook Issue

Tom Behler

Sieghard:

I ultimately may try the Microsoft Accessibility Hotline, but the problem seems to have lessened somewhat in the last day or two.

I’ll keep the list posted if it recurs, or if I do end up calling Microsoft.

Thankyou!

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 3:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Strange Outlook Issue

Have you tried Microsoft Acccessibility? I don’t ever recall that a message I replied to was not telling me “Replied” when I arrowed down the messages in my Inbox.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 11:19 AM

Well, at least I know I’m not alone.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 1:45 PM

Hi,

Yes, I have the same issues.  Recent updates to Outlook have improved but not fixed the problem.  Sometimes the reply designation works and other times no. Like you, have not found a consistent reason or fix. 

Dan  

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:19 PM
To: jfw list <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Strange Outlook Issue

Hello, everyone.

I am not sure if this a Jaws or an Outlook problem, but I am experienceing strange and inconsistent behavior in Outlook with regard to  noting e-mails that I have replied to.

Up until recently, if I replied to an e-mail, and decided to keep the original e-mail in my inbox, that e-mail would have a “replied” designation associated with it.  I find this to be quite handy, especially when I have e-mails that require multiple responses or action steps.

However, within  the past week or so, I no longer consistently receive these “replied” designations.  In other words, sometimes I receive the designations, while other times, I do not.

This is a problem, since I sometimes can’t recall whether I’ve initially replied to a message, and have to go back into my sent file to find out for sure.

Does anyone know how to consistently restore the “replied” designation on e-mails to which I’ve already responded?

I’m currently using the latest build of Jaws 2019 with the Office 365 version of Outlook 2016, and Windows 10.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.