Re: How do I perform a JAWS picture scan?

Dave...

I just gave it a try with my Pearl camera. Photo under the camera, Press
Jaws+Spacebar then P. Announcement: Picture Smart. So far, so good. Then
press letter A. Announcement "OCR component not installed".

Drat, and double drat.

However, if I use Insert+J to open the JAWS application and scroll down to
the utilities menu and select Picture Smart, and select Scanners and Camera,
which cclaims is available using JAWS+Spacebar, then P then A)
I'm presented with several adjustment options such as Select input device,
light on/off, advanced options, and acquire image.

Very, very different from the JAWS+Spacebar then P approach.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark, methinks.

Dave