scripts causing jaws to uncontrollably read on and on and on and on and on...

Rick Mladek

Hi all,

Sorry about the subject line, I got a little carried away…

When on certain websites, there are times too regular to be easily over-looked. There is some sort of script, perhaps java, that causes jaws to go into a mode of fast paced character to character read of the said script. I cannot stop it, I cannot move to another open item on my task bar and jaws is simply locked as with the entire computer until this script is finished. Sometimes a hard shutdown of the computer is what is necessary for this to stop.

My computer is windows 10 64 bit

Jaws is 2019 latest update

I was using FireFox, this time not an IE issue but this also happens on IE, as well. Firefox is the latest version, as well.

I use a triple-talk synthesizer

The website given the latest problem was:

Info.com

I searched for global diabetes statistics and when the results came up, I started at the top and arrowing down a line at a time, I passed over the search button and the script began. I did this a second time to confirm and it happened the same.

Is there a setting to stop this? I’ve had this problem since 2015 or possibly earlier but I’ve called the JAWS geniuses and they told me they were aware of the problem and the next version put out would stop it. It has not.

So, I look forward to your help…

Rick