From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:19 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: unable to read PDF

If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader do the following:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences, the keyboard shortcut is Control + K

2. In the categories list arrow down to Security (Enhanced) or you can also press “S” 3 times to get there

3. Tab once and you hear “Enable Protected Mode at startup”, if it says this is checked press the spacebar to uncheck it. You will get the following message/prompt:

Adobe Acrobat Reader dialog
Disabling Protected Mode also disables Protected View and AppContainer.

For changes to take effect, you need to manually restart the application. Are you sure you want to continue?

4. Tab to Yes and activate it, then press Shift + Tab 3 times to get to the OK button and activate it.

5. Now close Acrobat Reader and reopen your document.

Regards,

Sieghard