Re: unable to read PDF

Jason White

Turning off that option solved my problem with Adobe Reader DC as well - thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: unable to read PDF

Thanks for these instructions. I've been plagued by this problem for quite a while now.

Kim

If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader do the following:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences, the keyboard shortcut is Control + K 2.
In the categories list arrow down to Security (Enhanced) or you can
also press "S" 3 times to get there 3. Tab once and you hear "Enable
Protected Mode at startup", if it says this is checked press the
spacebar to uncheck it. You will get the following
message/prompt:
Adobe Acrobat Reader dialog
Disabling Protected Mode also disables Protected View and AppContainer.
For changes to take effect, you need to manually restart the application.
Are you sure you want to continue?
4. Tab to Yes and activate it, then press Shift + Tab 3 times to get
to the OK button and activate it.
5. Now close Acrobat Reader and reopen your document.

Regards,
Sieghard