Thanks for these instructions. I've been plagued by this problem for
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
quite a while now.
On 4/10/19, Sieghard Weitzel <email@example.com> wrote:
If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader do the following:
1. Go to Edit > Preferences, the keyboard shortcut is Control + K
2. In the categories list arrow down to Security (Enhanced) or you can also
press "S" 3 times to get there
3. Tab once and you hear "Enable Protected Mode at startup", if it says this
is checked press the spacebar to uncheck it. You will get the following
Adobe Acrobat Reader dialog
Disabling Protected Mode also disables Protected View and AppContainer.
For changes to take effect, you need to manually restart the application.
Are you sure you want to continue?
4. Tab to Yes and activate it, then press Shift + Tab 3 times to get to the
OK button and activate it.
5. Now close Acrobat Reader and reopen your document.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:36 AM
Subject: unable to read PDF
Hello, I'm using Jaws2018 and Windoes10. I opened a PDF file and Jaws
doesn't read anything. I didn't even get the message where Jaws recognizes
the PDF and gives option to scan it. I tried to save it as as a MS word file
and I get the message I can download the Adobe version that allows me to
convert. I use to be able to convert and something happened that no longer
allows me to do so. Any thoughts of what I can do? Thanks, Kevin