Re: Outlook Issue Suddenly Cropping Up

Michael Mote

Have you checked in your Outlook settings to make sure that Outlook is set to play a sound when an email arrives? I wonder if the Outlook volume is muted for some reason in your volume mixer.  You would need to check that once Outlook is open.

Also, you may want to check in the Windows 10 notifications and see if you are set up to receive incoming notifications.  Just type notifications in the search box on your Windows 10 computer.  Maybe one of these will help you get your sound back.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alyssa
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Outlook Issue Suddenly Cropping Up

Hi all.

This doesn’t affect JAWS directly, but I was hoping some of you may have had the same issue and have worked around it.

I had to reinstall Windows 10 on Sunday because it decided it would crash my laptop.

Outlook 2016 is no longer playing a sound when I receive mail. I have checked Outlook sound options, Windows sound options, and I even made sure Outlook was the default program for mail in case that was an issue. I’ve even Googled to an extent, but nothing I’ve done has fixed this problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

-Alyssa