Re: links not being read in chrome, but being read fine in IE

Mohith BP

Hi Paul,

Could you share the URL or markup for these 3 links?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohith B. P.

On 4/8/19, paul lemm <paul.lemm@sky.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm building a word press site. The theme I'm using seems nice and
accessible and is working well with screen readers, but I've come across 4
links which aren't being read out by jaws in chrome and Firefox and jaws
just says link, but yet if I use IE the links are read out fine by Jaws
and
will for example say 'link favorites'. I've tried with NVDA too and get the
same issue. I'm hoping to reach out to the developer/author of the word
press theme and see if they can make any adjustments so Jaws will read out
what these four links actually are , rather than just saying link, but I
wanted to go back to him with a solution as to how to possibly fix the
link, so does anyone know the technical reason links wouldn't read their
names in chrome and Firefox but yet would work fine in internet explorer?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Paul