links not being read in chrome, but being read fine in IE

paul lemm

Hi  everyone,

I’m building a word press site. The theme I’m using seems nice and accessible and is working well with screen readers, but I’ve come across 4 links which aren’t being read out by  jaws in chrome and Firefox and jaws just says link, but yet if I use IE the links are read out fine by Jaws  and will for example say ‘link favorites’. I’ve tried with NVDA too and get the same issue. I’m hoping to reach out to the developer/author of the word press theme and see if they can make any adjustments so Jaws will read  out what these four links actually are  , rather than just saying link, but I wanted  to go back to him with a solution as to how to possibly fix the link, so does anyone know the technical reason links wouldn’t read their names in chrome and Firefox but yet would work fine in internet explorer?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Paul