JAWS blackboard discussion board

Karrah Cunningham

Does anyway have experience using discussion board on blackboard. Specifically navigation the threads and replying to thread

Karrah Cunningham
Student disAbility Resource Center
Welch Hall D180
(310) 243-3660

On Apr 6, 2019, at 10:41 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

The following issue was brought up on another list and was subsequently confirmed:

If hardware keyboard input suggestions is turned on, JAWS will announce “Microsoft Candidate UI” when you type text.

To resolve this:

  1. Open Settings (Windows+I)/Devices/Typing.
  2. Go to hardware keyboard grouping and turn off “Show text suggestions as I type” option (Version 1803 will show it as a different option).

Cheers,

Joseph