Advisory: JAWS announces "Microsoft Candidate UI" if typing with hardware keyboard input suggestions enabled in Windows 10 Version 1809

Hi all,

The following issue was brought up on another list and was subsequently confirmed:

If hardware keyboard input suggestions is turned on, JAWS will announce “Microsoft Candidate UI” when you type text.

To resolve this:

  1. Open Settings (Windows+I)/Devices/Typing.
  2. Go to hardware keyboard grouping and turn off “Show text suggestions as I type” option (Version 1803 will show it as a different option).

Cheers,

Joseph