Re: reading acrobat

Chris Hill

Hello.  I had an issue with jaws and adobe a while back.  The documents all looked blank to jaws.  I finally had to call fs and they said to look in edit/preferences in adobe, look in the "security enhanced" section, and uncheck the box that said enable protected mode at startup.  Hopefully that will fix your problem.

On 3/28/2019 16:53, Stan Holdeman wrote:

Friends: Windows 10, jaws 2019 latest update, adobe acrobat DC 19.0.

This behavior seems to have started after March update of Jaws 2019.

I can read my credit statement statements downloaded in pdf format only in this way: with Magic also running, I can drop the mouse cursor down over the top of the statement and Jaws starts reading as if say all mode. I can’t stop and restart reading except by starting over as described.

I cannot seem to get Jaws to focus and read anything in any other way. Yes, Magic seems to also have to be running.

This all seems very strange to me.

Stan