Re: Creating keyboard shortcuts

Bill White

Hi, David. What operating System are you using. Since you didn't specify, I
will assume Windows 10.

How To Create Shortcuts

one thing Windows 10 doesn't provide is a way to create a shortcut to apps
so you can launch them from the desktop or elsewhere.

Or, at least an obvious way.

But as it turns out, all of the applications installed on your PC, including
the universal apps that come with Windows 10 or are downloaded from Windows
Store are accessible from a hidden shell view called Applications. Once you
open this view in File Explorer, you can create shortcuts for any of them.
Open the Run dialog (Windows+R=run), type in:
shell:AppsFolder

and then press enter to view this folder.

apps-folder

Find an app you wish to create a shortcut for, right-click (applications
key, or, shift+f10 and choose Create shortcut from the pop-up menu that
appears.

You'll be prompted that the shortcut cannot be placed here, and Windows will
recommend placing it on the desktop instead. Press enter on Yes. A shortcut
with the name App-Name Shortcut (Mail Shortcut) will appear on the desktop.
You can leave this as-is, or rename it (I usually remove the word,
Shortcut). And you can of course move the shortcut to any folder as needed.

Now, just repeat for all the app shortcuts you need.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...